Who we are
Our website address is: https://winamtech.org
Winam Tech is the data controller of your information. Please see the “Contact Information” section below for additional details.
Important Information About Using Our Services
Profiles and Career Services Section) public as well as sharing your details and information, including your Online Course progress with others outside of the Winam Tech Website(s) (“Social Sharing”). By electing to participate in any
of our Social Sharing Services, you acknowledge that any information or materials you include in your Profile can be viewed by other persons accessing the Website(s), including potential or existing employers, as well as by others on applicable third-party websites. You also acknowledge that information you share through Social Services may remain accessible on third party websites and/or to those you have shared the information with in the event you make your Profile private after having made it public and/or ceasing to share your information and that Winam Tech has no control over the access of or use of information provided to third parties via Social Sharing outside its Website(s).
What Information We Collect
Information You Prove To Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us, including registering and enrolling in any OnlineCourse
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
- Signing up for email updates
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information Information
- you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- Information you provide in connection with career services, for example, salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate
interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Participation in Online Courses. If you desire to participate in an Online Course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such an Online Course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. Winam Tech, or its third-party service providers, may also collect certain information from you in conjunction with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the Online Course. For example, as part of a proctored exam for an Online Course or to process your credential of completion for a Nanodegree program, Winam Tech may collect certain information from you in order to (a) verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you,
such as a signature for a test or assignment log, a photograph or recording of you (e.g., using a webcam) or information included on a government issued or other photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance
during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable test rules or requirements (e.g., confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Winam Tech may also collect information from you or about your performance or accomplishments related to the course, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, instructor evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments.
Profiles and Career Services. You can choose to share additional information, such as your work experience, resume
and transcript, your picture, and answers to questions about your experience, studies and work preferences, when you create a professional profile through the career services we offer through our Services. You can also share information by updating your Profile, uploading documents, or answering questions or surveys we email you or present to you through our Services. Collectively, the professional profile and the materials you provide through the career services are referred to as simply your “Profile.” Please note, that by electing to make your Profile public, you acknowledge that:
- Your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures will be shared with, and publicly viewed by, other third parties also accessing the career services portal and the Services (including without limitation, potential employers, recruiters, other students or persons, and us);
- Employers and other third parties accessing the career services portal can contact you via your email address (or any other contact information you have provided in your Profile); and
- You and we can share your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures with employers, recruiters or career related third parties
Information We Collect Through Automated Means
IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Website. Through such information, we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the general geographic location
(city/state) of his or her point of connectivity.
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify repeat visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our Website(s) links, the length of time each user spends at any particular area of our Website(s), and the
specific functionalities that users choose to use.
We may allow third party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter,Quora and Bing), to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
Do Not Track Signals
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to Web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding collection of information about an individual over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., Web browser “do not track” signals).
Information We Collect From Social Media and Other Content Platforms
If you log-in to, or connect to, a third-party network (e.g., through a social network), or log-in to our Services, through a social network site (e.g., Facebook), you may allow us to have access to and store certain information from your social network profile. This includes your name, gender, profile picture, depending on your settings on such services. If you do not
wish to have this information shared, do not use a social networking connection to access the Services. For a description of how social networking sites handle your information, please refer to their privacy policies and terms and conditions, which may permit you to modify your privacy settings.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection with the Services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Online Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; administering exams, projects, and other assessments; verifying a User’s identity as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for an Online Course; and monitoring performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable testing rules or requirements
- Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online Courses
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding Winam Tech and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of Website(s) usage, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
Winam Tech will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are
prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. For example, we may share with your employer pre-assessment results, the Online Courses you are interested in, your progress in the course, including project status, time spent actively involved in or with an Online Course or interacting with your Mentor, and/or evaluations and
performance assessments. If you make your Profile public on the Website, and your employer has access to the Website, then your employer will have the ability to view your Profile information and materials. This
information may be shared at any time during the course or afterwards.
- Business Partners. With your consent, Winam Tech may share information that can be used to directly connect you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Profiles and Career Services. If you make your Profile public, your information will be publicly accessible and further share with our network of hiring partners, including, without limitation, performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
- Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of Winam Tech, Inc.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the
transferred assets. If a portion or all of Winam Tech’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Winam Tech will comply with such restrictions.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, Winam Tech may share Aggregate/AnonymousInformation about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well graduation rates, careers studies and success rates, and other demographic information provided to us by our Students. The sharing of such data is unrestricted
Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Winam Tech Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local
laws, such as in the European Union, may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and
removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your Winam Tech User Account;
- Online Courses currently or previously enrolled in;
- Approximate date of User Account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.
Communication & Notification Preference and Opt Out Rights
We provide our Users with the opportunity to update their information or to opt out of having their contact information used for purposes not directly related to payment or servicing of your account.
If you are a Student and wish to opt out of any of the communications offered by Winam Tech, you may do so at any time. Log into your account, select the Settings page, and navigate to ‘Notification Preferences.’ From there, you can manage Winam Tech communication subscriptions, including text message study reminders, mentor communications, Career Services support (if applicable), community notifications, and marketing and promotional communications by selecting or de-selecting any of the methods from which you wish to opt out or opt in. If you are not a Student, or wish to opt out through alternative means, you may opt out as follows:
us by email at [email protected]
Please identify the communication methods (e.g., phone, email, or SMS text message) by which you desire to stop receiving messages.
You may unsubscribe from our commercial or marketing email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of such emails. If you have opted in to receive marketing text message communications from Winam Tech, you can opt out of those messages by following the instructions in those messages
or by contacting us at the information provided above.
Retention Of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with
Third Party Links and Features
In the provision of the Services, Winam Tech utilizes YouTube API services. Such API service is maintained and operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, United States, with YouTube, LLC being a subsidiary of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States. As a condition of accessing Winam Tech Services on YouTube, you warrant and represent that you have read and fully agree to the YouTube Terms of
Winam Tech stores information about visitors to our Website and users on servers located in the United States. By using our services, you consent to the storage of your information inside the United States, in Kenya and any other country of Winam Tech operation. If you are using the services from outside the United States and the European Union, please know the information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data
protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you acknowledge the transfer, storing, and processing of
your information in and to the United States.
As described above, Winam Tech also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
signing Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with European Union and other data protection laws to govern the transfers of such data. For more information about these transfer mechanisms, please contact us as detailed in the “Winam Tech Contact Information” section below.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
How We Protect Your Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. Winam Tech takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our beef databases and systems even after your Winam Tech account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
Winam Tech Contact Information